pondelok, 12. októbra 2015

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away

Another tea from our "distant-tasting-sample" collection is green Lu Xue Ya which is one of the tea that had been mentioned at this blog years ago. Anyhow it is quiet and light green tea with slightly memory on summer. Lu Xue Ya means "green snow" and one of the popular way of prepararion is call maceration which means brew in cool water.


However, the weather don't seem like sumer, I choose the traditional way - in 70°C water. The smell was nutty with cream structure later I more realized the light grassy fruitiness. Whole tea was light and clear, there was absent something disturbing. Drinking was pleasantly cooling my tongue.


I thing that Lu Yue Ya is great tea for hot days where you are not interested in complicated complexity and different dimension, you just want enjoy the simple tea.

- Matej


In past, I used to buy Lu Xue Ya mainly because of flexibility of its brewing regarding length and temperature. One would have to try really hard to overdo the preparation of this tea to the extent when it would be literally spoiled. After my yesterday drinking, I can extend this presumpption also to other domains, since I challenge myself to drink it in the dark and chilly site between park and forest just by nightfall-not ideal conditions to enjoy tea at full blast.



Yet, I cannot complain. Tea leaves had sweet, fruity smell similar to the ripe apricot, honey and pineapple skin. For those who drank 2013 Nepal Sandakphu White Delight also from teatrade.sk, this Lu xue ya reminded me most of what I can remember from it after two years.

The brewing occurred in water of various temperature-from 70 ºC to 100 ºC, while the taste was quite persistent and intense: sweet, dry, apple-like with a bitter woody nuance, which seems to present the only danger for this tea, if overdone. The long lasting aftertaste was smooth and dense at the same time. Interestingly, the smell of wet leaves started to be more and more resemble fresh, raw vegetables- shift which is so frequent for Japanese tea. Eventually, what characterises this tea best is perhaps the way how it blurs distinction between “vegetable sweetness” from “fruity sweetness.” Since I do not eat vegetables and fruits at the same time, now I have at least hint of what it is like.


Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára